This roasted cauliflower makes a perfect healthy vegetable side. Cumin and coriander give it tons of flavor while a dose of cayenne gives it a little kick (nothing crazy!).
*This post probably contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
I'll admit that I'm prone to getting into ruts when in comes to vegetable sides. Usually my focus is on the main dish, and the side is more of an afterthought.
Sometimes I forget about the side altogether and am stuck throwing the same old frozen peas into the microwave for the third time that week. If this is you too, allow me to add a little inspiration to your easy vegetable side repertoire!
If you're not a fan of cauliflower in general, I feel you. In it's raw form, it's kind of smelly, and it's usually, let's face it, the least appealing option on a veggie and dip platter.
But roasted cauliflower is another story altogether. And there's no need to drown it in béchamel and cheese, 70s-style, either (not that there's anything wrong with that!).
THIS stuff is coated in an Indian-inspired spice blend and roasted till golden and tender. Roasting it gives it an amazing nutty flavor, and It's a healthy, low-carb, flavor-packed side that plays well with all kinds of meats, chicken and fish.
It's also nice served with a curry or any Indian dish, and next week I'll show you how to make it into a glorious fall-themed salad that will make you question all your feelings about cauliflower.
How to Make Roasted Cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Separate a head of cauliflower into florets of roughly equal size (about 1-inch).
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the cumin, coriander, cayenne, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
3. In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with the spice mixture until evenly coated.
4. Spread the cauliflower onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
5. Roast in the preheated oven until tender and browned, about 30 minutes, flipping once with a spatula after about 20 minutes.
Sound good to you? If you make this recipe, I would love it if you would take a pic and tag me on Instagram @ourhappymess!
Or pin for later!
And if you’re looking for more easy dinner inspiration, follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Or be old-fashioned and subscribe in the sidebar on the right to get every new recipe in your inbox 🙂
A Couple More Easy Vegetable Sides to Try
Brown Butter Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots with Orange and Thyme
Maple Balsamic Roasted Brussels Spouts with Bacon
Fall Salad with Maple Dressing
Here are Some Products I Love and used to Make this Roasted Cauliflower
[amazon_link asins='B003YKGR9Q' template='ProductCarousel' store='ourhappymes00-20' marketplace='US' link_id='f5f0f314-acbc-4d88-8d40-5cef1e458d61']
Roasted Cauliflower with Cumin and Coriander
- 1 head cauliflower separated into 1-inch florets
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, cumin, coriander, cayenne and garlic powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with the spice mixture.
- Spread the cauliflower evenly on a large baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, tossing once halfway through, until cauliflower is tender and browned.
Leave a Reply