If you love Buffalo wings, you'll love this easy Buffalo chicken pizza with homemade crust. So much better than takeout, it will satisfy all your cheesy spicy carby cravings.
For a long time we were in the habit of getting takeout on Friday nights. Much as I love to cook, after a long workweek, peeling myself off the couch to do anything involving appliances was just not appealing.
But lately we've been making a conscious effort to be less wasteful, especially where money's concerned. So instead of takeout, I've been been leaning on some easy favorites that will satisfy our Friday night carb cravings without me having to spend hours in the kitchen. Pizza is probably our very favorite thing in that category.
*This post probably contains affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
With a perfect homemade pizza dough you can easily make ahead, you can have the best pizza in your hands faster than even Domino's can. And it will be HARD to go back to Domino's.
Another great thing about homemade pizza is there isn't much you could put on it that wouldn't be delicious, once it's covered in melted cheese. Bunch of wilted veggies in the fridge? This veggie pizza will take them off your hands. Leftover roast, or pulled pork? So many possibilities.
Leftover chicken? One of our favorites pizzas, that we come back to again and again is this Buffalo chicken pizza. Good Buffalo wings - one of my very favorite things in the world - are pretty much impossible to find in Montreal. But thanks to this stuff, this pizza comes preeeeetty close.
Essential Tools for the best Homemade Pizza
Do you have a pizza stone? If you make pizza regularly, it's totally worth investing in this inexpensive tool that will really help you bring your homemade pizza game to the next level. I've had a really basic round one like this for years. I would definitely put that on my Christmas list if I were you ;).
A pizza stone is really easy to use. Basically you preheat the stone while you get your oven as hot as it will go (mine goes up to 550 degrees F), slide your pizza onto it, and it will cook it perfectly evenly in less than 10 minutes.
A pizza peel and pizza wheel are also great tools to have.
The sauce for this Buffalo chicken pizza could not be simpler to make. Just heat together some canned tomato sauce, a couple tablespoons of cayenne pepper hot sauce, and a little bit of butter. Topped with cooked chicken, some sliced red onions, and of course, lots of cheese, this pizza is soooo good.
If you're feeling extra indulgent, you can drizzle some ranch or blue cheese dressing on the pizza after it comes out of the oven.
On the other hand, if you love Buffalo Wings but are looking for something on the healthier side, or if low-carb is your thing, here's a Buffalo chicken salad recipe that we make all the time!
Sound good to you? If you make this Buffalo chicken pizza recipe, I would be thrilled if you would take a pic and tag me on Instagram @ourhappymess!
Or pin for later! ↓↓↓
And if you're looking for more easy dinner inspiration, follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Or subscribe in the sidebar on the right to get every new recipe in your inbox 🙂
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1 recipe homemade pizza dough
- ½ cup canned plain tomato sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons Cayenne pepper hot sauce such as Frank's Red Hot*
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 chicken breast cooked and cut into bite-size pieces (or use 8 oz leftover chicken)
- ½ cup red onion thinly sliced
- ¾ lb Monterey Jack or Mozzarella cheese grated
- Put the pizza stone on the middle rack of your oven. Preheat the oven as high as it will go (mine goes up to 550 degrees F).
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the tomato sauce, hot sauce and butter and whisk until the butter is melted and incorporated.
- On a large piece of parchment paper, spread or roll the pizza dough into a 12 inch circle. I find it easiest to spread with my fingers. If you find the dough resisting or spring back, let it rest for a minute and then try again.
- Spread half the sauce onto the dough with a spoon. Toss the remaining sauce (to taste, you don't have to use all of it) with the chicken.
- Sprinkle the dough evenly with chicken and red onions. Top with cheese.
- Using a pizza peel, or the back of a large cookie sheet, slide the pizza carefully onto the pizza stone, with the parchment paper. The baking time will depend on how hot your oven is, but at 550 degrees F, mine cooks in about 8 minutes.
- Once the cheese and crust are deeply golden, remove the pizza from the oven and let it rest for a couple of minutes before slicing.
The recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip peanut butter ? won't come up
Hi Joan! Sorry about that! I can still see it on my end, but I just re-set things if you want to try it again. Please let me know if it doesn't work for you 🙂