This post contains links to affiliate websites, such as Amazon, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you using these links. We appreciate your support!
This gingerbread granola recipe is so easy to make and so much tastier and healthy than store bought! It tastes like the best homemade gingerbread and is perfect for holiday breakfasts, snacking, and gifting.
Homemade granola is one of my very favorite things to make. It fulfills the three very important criteria.
- I pretty much always have the ingredients on hand to make it on a whim,
- the whole family gets excited about it, and
- it makes the house smell incredible.
That last one goes double for this gingerbread granola. Although this banana granola with peanut butter gives it a run for its money!
*This post probably contains affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Oh, and it’s ridiculously easy to make, much healthier than store bought, and takes care of an entire meal for the entire family for the entire week. Should I go on? I could!
I love to experiment with different flavor profiles, and thought a gingerbread variation would be perfect for the holidays. Much like this other favorite, banana granola, I could tell from the aroma as it baked that I had a winner.
This granola recipe makes big gorgeous crunchy clumps. The secret to this is the egg white, which helps bind things together.
For this gingerbread granola, I used half maple syrup and half molasses. Molasses and crystallized ginger gave this granola a deep, authentic gingerbread flavor.
My favorite way to eat homemade granola is with vanilla yogurt, but it’s also great with milk, or on its own by the handful as my husband Phil can attest.
Some day I plan to turn this into some chewy granola bars.
As I was pouring it into a big jar, it also occurred to me that this gingerbread granola recipe would make a lovely holiday gift!
Sound good to you? If you make this gingerbread granola recipe, I would be thrilled if you would take a pic and tag me on Instagram @ourhappymess!
Or pin for later! ↓↓↓
Gingerbread Granola Recipe
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, pecans, crystallized ginger, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the olive oil, maple syrup, and molasses and stir to combine. Whisk the egg white in a small bowl until foamy and stir it into the oat mixture to distribute evenly.
- Line a half sheet pan (or two smaller baking sheets) with parchement paper and spread the granola evenly onto the pan(s).
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, until the granola is golden brown and dry, flipping once halfway through. Flip it gently so as to leave large chunks intact.
- Cool completely on the pan and transfer to an airtight container. Granola will keep for at least a couple of weeks, at room temperature.