Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with peanut butter are perfectly chewy, easy to make, and great any time of year with a cold glass of milk.
Up here in Canada, around Christmastime, you can write a letter to Santa, address it to the North Pole, and Santa will write you back. Jack being three this year, and Santa being very much on his mind, we decided to do just that.
In his rambly response, Santa slyly hinted that his favorite cookie this year was oatmeal chocolate chip. Obviously we had to oblige.
But I decided to make them a little more interesting by adding some peanut butter. Because oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with peanut butter couldn’t possibly be anything but awesome.
Assuming no peanut allergy, these should make Santa very jolly.
*This post probably contains affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Nothing wrong with your basic chocolate chip cookie obviously, but a little extra texture from some oats, and flavor in the form of creamy peanut butter never hurt anyone either.
These are chewy and super-satisfying with a glass of cold milk.
They’re also among the simplest cookies you can make. The ingredients are basic pantry staples, and they come together super quickly. Best of all, there’s no dough chilling.
NO CHILLING. I mean, hooray, right?
This recipe makes a pretty large batch of about 40 standard size cookies. If you love big fat bakery-style cookies, go for it, just bake them a little longer. You’ll still probably get at least a couple dozen cookies.
Also if you love cookie dough as much, if not more, than the actual cookies, then this is the recipe for you.
But be sure to bake up SOME of that dough at least. Just look how thick and chewy they are.
These are so simple to make, but worthy of any Christmas cookie box. And definitely worthy of Santa ;).
Happy, happy holidays to all of you! Thank you for being here 🙂
And, as always, enjoy xx
Sound good to you? If you make these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with peanut butter, I would be thrilled if you would take a pic and tag me on Instagram @ourhappymess!
Or pin for later! ↓↓↓
Products I Used to Make These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies with Peanut Butter
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $14.99
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies with Peanut Butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter not natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes on medium speed.
- To the butter and sugar mixture, add the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and continue mixing until well combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture in 3 parts, mixing until just combined. Add the oats and continue mixing on low speed. Stir in the chocolate chips until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop 1 inch balls of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes, until the edges start to brown and are set. If you bake more than one sheet at a time, rotate halfway through baking.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes after removing them from the oven. After that, move them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.