Artichokes have the starring role in this pizza, which also features a creamy herb and garlic Boursin cheese sauce, tangy sun dried tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella. This is truly the best artichoke and sun dried tomato pizza.
*This post probably contains affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Have you ever had artichokes on a pizza? It's all too rare if you ask me! Sometimes you'll find a few random bits on a "vegetarian" pizza.
But aren't they the BEST bits? Don't you always wish there were MORE artichokes?
Well, consider this artichoke pizza your wish fulfilled. Here's why you need to make this ASAP.
- Boursin cheese sauce. This may be the easiest pizza sauce you'll ever make (rivaled only by this dead simple red pizza sauce). It's ultra creamy and full of herby garlicky flavor. The perfect base for this pizza.
- Sun dried tomatoes. You need a little tang and acidity to balance the richness of the sauce and mildness of the artichokes. Sun dried tomatoes are perfect for the job.
- Fresh mozzarella. Because artichokes are a fancy vegetable and we need a fancy cheese to go with them.
- Artichokes, of course. It's all about the the artichokes.
How to Make an Artichoke and Sun Dried Tomato Pizza
- Make this pizza dough. (Or use a store bought dough IF YOU MUST ;)). On a large piece of parchment paper sprinkled lightly with semolina or flour, stretch the dough into a 12" circle.
- Slide a pizza stone onto the middle rack of your oven and preheat as high as the oven will go (mine goes to 550 degrees F). If you don't have a pizza stone, an inverted baking sheet works well too, but be sure to preheat it in the oven. This is crucial to getting the crust fully cooked.
- Make the Boursin cheese sauce: in a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together 1 package of herb and garlic flavored Boursin cheese with 2 tablespoons of milk until smooth.
- Spread the Boursin cheese sauce evenly over the pizza crust to about 1/2" from the edge.
5. Drain a 14-ounce can of artichoke hearts packed in water (not marinated). Dry them off a bit with a paper towel and quarter them. Chop up some sun dried tomatoes.
6. Sprinkle some shredded block mozzarella evenly over the Boursin sauce. Add the artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes. Tear a ball of fresh mozzarella into pieces and place them evenly on the pizza.
6. Slide the pizza onto the back of a cookie sheet (or on a pizza peel) and transfer to the pizza stone in the preheated oven. Bake for 8-15 minutes until the cheese starts to turn golden and the crust is deeply browned (time will vary depending how hot your oven gets).
Sound good to you? If you make this recipe, I would love it if you would take a pic and tag me on Instagram @ourhappymess!
Or pin for later!
And if you're looking for more easy dinner inspiration, follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Or be old-fashioned and subscribe in the sidebar on the right to get every new recipe in your inbox 🙂
Artichoke Pizza with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Boursin
- 1 recipe pizza dough
- 1 5 oz package Herb and garlic Boursin cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 7 oz mozzarella cheese shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts packed in water (not marinated)
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 8 oz ball fresh mozzarella or burrata or buffalo mozzarella
- fresh basil chopped, for garnish
- Place a pizza stone or overturned baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven and preheat to 550 degrees F, or as high as it will go.
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat and whisk in the Boursin cheese until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- On a piece of parchment paper sprinkled with semolina or flour, stretch or roll the pizza dough out into a 12 inch circle.
- Spread the Boursin sauce evenly over the pizza dough, an inch from the edge
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the pizza, followed by the sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts
- Tear chunks of fresh mozzarella and spread evenly over the pizza
- Transfer the pizza, including the parchment paper to the preheated pizza stone in the oven, using a pizza peel or an overturned baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-15 minutes until cheese is golden and crust has browned (time will vary based on how hot your oven gets). Let it rest for a couple of minutes before sprinkling with basil and slicing.