25-minute vegetarian burrito bowls are packed with all your favorite burrito ingredients and flavors! A drizzle of bright and fresh cilantro lime dressing makes them extra-special. For a vegan burrito bowl, just skip the cheese!
*This post probably contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
I love me a gigantic overstuffed burrito.
When I go to our local burrito bar, you can actually see the guy's face start to fall as he begins to understand that I will say "yes" to every. single. topping. he offers.
I mean, those tortillas are huge, but mine is literally BUSTING at the seams. In fact... it's probably better if I just skip the tortilla altogether and go for the bowl.
AND I don't know why it didn't occur to me before, but I can totally make a burrito bowl at home. In under 30 minutes too!
Vegetables are tossed and then roasted with my favorite homemade taco seasoning (the same one I use on these super popular vegetarian stuffed peppers).
And then I like to put them on a bed of brown rice with some beans and drizzle it all with this luscious cilantro lime dressing (check out the post for how to make an amazing creamy version of that dressing!)
For all this flavor, these vegetarian burrito bowls are insanely, ridiculously, quick and easy to make. And infinitely customizable.
Make it your own
Some ingredient swap and addition suggestions:
- Hate cauliflower? How about roasted sweet potato chunks instead. (But you should know that ROASTED cauliflower is a revelation - nothing like the raw stuff).
- Instead of brown rice, use regular white rice, another grain, quinoa, or couscous
- Cutting your carbs? Try a bed of lettuce instead of rice.
- Not a feta fan? Try grated cheddar or Monterey Jack.
- Don't feel like making the cilantro lime dressing? (it takes 5 minutes, but hey it's cool ;)). Feel free to use a store bought dressing, or just top with salsa and/or sour cream.
- Add chicken or ground beef
- Pile on the fresh tomatoes, olives, jalapenos, and of course, avocado
- Make a vegan burrito bowl by eliminating the cheese, and using maple syrup instead of honey in the dressing
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Combine ½ a teaspoon each of chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and cumin, and 1 teaspoon dried oregano.
- Put your veggies on a lined baking sheet. By the way, I love these reusable baking mats for roasting things. Nothing sticks to them like foil so you don't have to use a ton of oil, and they're more eco-friendly. I prefer silicone baking mats for baked goods, but LOVE these for roasting!
- Roast vegetables in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until everything is tender and browned.
- While the vegetables are roasting, make the dressing. Using an immersion blender or food processor (you can also just finely chop the cilantro and garlic and whisk everything together too), blitz together the cilantro, garlic, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, honey or maple syrup (for a vegan dressing), olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Divide the cooked brown rice between 4 bowls and top with the roasted vegetables and beans. Sprinkle with feta or queso fresco and chopped cilantro, and drizzle with the dressing.
These veggie bowls are one of our new favorite vegetarian weeknight meals. So much good stuff, so much flavor, and so good for you!
Love bowls? Try this Mediterranean Buddha bowl, these roasted salmon and quinoa bowls, or these chicken satay rice bowls!
Vegetarian Burrito Bowls
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh, frozen and thawed, or canned
- 1 red bell pepper diced in ½ inch pieces
- 1 head cauliflower divided into 1 inch florets
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 14 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- ½ cup feta or queso fresco crumbles
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- ½ cup fresh cilantro packed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic peeled
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- In a small bowl, combine the chilli powder, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin and oregano.
- Add the cauliflower, corn, and chopped red pepper to a baking sheet lined with foil. I like to keep them separate just in case some vegetables cook more quickly than others. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with the spice mixture. Toss with your hands to coat evenly.
- Transfer the pan to the oven to roast for 20-25 minutes until vegetables are browned and tender.
- While the vegetables are roasting, process the dressing ingredients in a blender, food processor or with an immersion blender. Alternatively, you can finely chop the garlic and cilantro and whisk with the remaining ingredients.
- To assemble, divide the brown rice between 4 bowls and top with the roasted vegetables and beans. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro if desired, and drizzle with the dressing.
Leave a Reply