Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad
This cranberry walnut chicken salad is great on its own or in a sandwich. The cranberries provide a tangy contrast to the creamy dressing, and the walnuts add a welcome crunch.
Servings 4 servings
- 4 cups (about 1 3/4 lb) chopped, cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup (100 grams) chopped walnuts
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsely, tarragon, basil or whatever you like
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, shallot, herbs, salt and pepper.
Add chicken, walnuts, celery, and cranberries and toss until well coated.
Calories: 716kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 713mg | Potassium: 733mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Vitamin C: 5.1mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1.8mg