Creamy taco macaroni salad
This creamy taco macaroni salad recipe is an easy twist on classic macaroni salad. With crowd-pleasing Mexican flavors, it's the perfect side dish for your next cookout. We also love it as a great make ahead weekday lunch.
Servings 6 people
- 1/2 lb elbow macaroni or other pasta shapes
- 1/2 cup black beans canned, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1/4 small red onion diced
- 1 cup medium cheddar shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro or parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cool water. Transfer the macaroni to a large bowl.
To the macaroni, add the black beans, peppers, tomatoes and onions, and stir to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients. Add the dressing to the macaroni and vegetables and stir until well combined. Gently fold in the cheese and cilantro.
Taste and adjust seasoning to taste. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
*Add 1/2 a minced jalapeño for a little heat.
*I think 1/2 cup of fresh or thawed frozen corn would be a great addition too!
Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 456mg | Potassium: 265mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 705IU | Vitamin C: 15.8mg | Calcium: 171mg | Iron: 1.4mg