Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Brown Butter & Maple
Oven Roasted sweet potatoes are tossed with browned butter and maple syrup for a sweet and savory side that's perfect for the holidays, or every day!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Preheat the oven to 425 F and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
In a medium light-coloured saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Continue cooking the butter, swirling the pan frequently, until it starts to turn golden and smell nutty, and brown bits have started to collect at the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat.
Immediately whisk in the maple syrup and red pepper flakes.
Toss the sweet potatoes with 1/2 of the browned butter glaze, a large pinch of salt and a few grinds of fresh pepper, and spread in one layer on the prepared baking sheet.
Roast the sweet potatoes, for about 40 minutes, tossing with a spatula once, about halfway through, until caramelized and tender.
Transfer the sweet potatoes to a bowl, pour the remaining brown butter maple glaze over them, sprinkle with parsley and additional salt if desired, and toss gently to coat.
- Feel free to reduce the maple syrup or eliminate it if you prefer a more savory dish.
- To give it a bit more kick, increase the crushed red pepper to taste.
- To make this ahead, roast the sweet potatoes as described, but save the remaining half of the glaze in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use. Reheat the sweet potatoes in a 400F oven for 10-15 minutes until heated through. Reheat the glaze in the microwave for a few seconds and toss with the potatoes.
Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 794mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 32698IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 1mg