This southwestern chopped salad, with two kinds of beans, cubes of cheese, crunchy greens, and a tangy balsamic vinaigrette makes an easy weeknight meal.
Servings 4 servings
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 heaping tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup white cheddar, cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack, cut into small cubes
- a few broken tortilla chips for topping
In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly add the oil while whisking until emulsified.
Toss the rest of the ingredients with the dressing until well coated (you probably won't need it all). Plate and top with broken tortilla chips.
Calories: 585kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 1041mg | Potassium: 459mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 5215IU | Vitamin C: 10.6mg | Calcium: 517mg | Iron: 2.1mg